Thank you for your continued participation with advocacy for SNA!
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has requested comments on how best to simplify school nutrition regulations and we need your input. We ask that you submit your comments on ways to simplify school meal programs and related paperwork, and also encourage your state members to do the same. This can be done through a simple e-blast with a link to the online submission form or just spreading the word to your members when you speak with them. Your suggestions will help shape SNA’s official submission to USDA.
We really appreciate all your input on this important advocacy program. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Nadia Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Affiliate Relations Manager
School Nutrition Association
120 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
Direct Phone: 301-686-3074
Phone: 301-686-3100, ext 174
Toll-Free: 800-877-8822, ext 174
Alabama SNA Salutes 100% Membership Schools
An active membership is the lifeblood of every organization and ASNA values each member. Through their volunteer efforts and support, ASNA is able to provide outstanding professional development training and keep the mission of Child Nutrition in the forefront of legislative activities in Washington.
Enhance and further your career in many ways including:
- Enhance and further your career through SNA Certification and Credentialing
- Increase your wealth of knowledge with professional development materials and up-to-date industry news
- Express your concerns and show your support of child nutrition programs to local, state and national government officials
- Network with industry peers, share information and discover best practices to apply in your programs at SNA conferences and through the Online Communities
- Receive a subscription to SNA’s award-winning publication School Nutrition magazine
- Take advantage of scholarship and grant opportunities
- Enjoy a variety of members only discounts on products and programs, including Emporium purchases, conference registrations, latest research findings, SNA Certification
- Access members only information on the SNA website including additional news and talking points, Online Communities, archives of School Nutrition, Tuesday Morning and several "Tools You Can Use" such as the Promotional Calendar
Click Here to Download the State and National Membership application
Help Enlist New Members of School Nutrition Association! SNA has created tools to help promote the importance of membership in SNA.
School District Owned Membership (SDM):
A membership that is owned by a school district (or state agency) in the name of an individual. This membership can be transferred to another employee in the same membership category if the original member/person leaves the district. SDM allows you to group all of your memberships together so that you can receive one invoice for all of your renewals once or twice a year (or as requested).The SDM is managed by a designated administrator within the school district (or state agency). SDM members still receive all the same benefits of individual membership. For more information, please visit: www.schoolnutrition.org/sdm.
For a full guide about SDM, please visit: www.schoolnutrition.org/sdmguide.
Industry membership provides companies with multiple opportunities:
- Market products and services to school foodservice operators through SNA membership,
- Advertise on the ASNA website
- Sponsor events at conferences.
- Attend education sessions at SNA conferences with school food service operators and your industry peers.
- Become certified or credentialed, demonstrating a deep understanding of nutrition in schools and strengthening client-vendor relations.
Click Here to visit the Industry Membership page.